BSHS 465 ENTIRE COURSE
BSHS 465 Week 1 Individual Assignment Self-Care Plan
Instructions: Assume you have just been hired into a new human services position. One of the requirements for your new position is that you have a self-care plan that your supervisor would like to review prior to the start of your first day. Create a 700- to 1,050-word self-care plan to share with your new supervisor. Your supervisor has asked you to include the following components in your plan:
- Identify aspects of being a human service professional that necessitate the need for a self-care plan.
- List at least three strategies you can use to maintain an appropriate level of self-care.
- Explain why your selected strategies are appropriate.
- Describe why self-care is important and its relationship to maintaining a high level of professionalism. Format your paper consistent with appropriate course-level APA guidelines. Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.
BSHS 465 Week 1 Individual Assignment Strengths, Needs, and Cultural Assessment and Treatment Plan
Often in Human Services, it is helpful to obtain background information on your clients. This is often done via a psychosocial assessment. However, there are various approaches in obtaining this information. One common approach when working with families is referred to as the Strengths, Needs, and Cultural Assessment. This is a great way to find out information about the individual, and his or her family and their culture in an individualized and strengths-based way. Refer to the "Guidelines for Strengths, Needs, and Culture Discovery." You may also search online for other government agencies' assessments. A good example is Butler County Strengths, Needs, Cultural Discovery Domain Interview through Ohio state government (www.fcf.ohio.gov). Imagine your supervisor has asked you to perform a strength, needs, and cultural assessment to gauge your abilities to conduct this type of information gathering. Your supervisor has given you the option of completing a strength, needs and cultural assessment on a family member or friend. Your supervisor has emphasized that you change the name of the individual you use as the basis of the assessment to protect their privacy. Use the University of Phoenix Material: Adapted Counseling Strengths, Needs, and Cultural Assessment to record the results of your assessment. Be sure to address your areas of strength and needs. Use the results of the assessment to develop a treatment plan to address your needs. Format your assessment and plan consistent with appropriate course level APA guidelines. Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.
BSHS 465 Week 3 Individual Assignment Professional Development Plan
Instructions: Assume you have been in your human services professional position for almost a year. Your annual review is approaching. Your supervisor has asked that you have a plan for developing as a professional in the next review period. Create a 1,050- to 1,400-word professional development plan for the upcoming year. Your supervisor has asked that you be strategic about your plan and customize the plan to your needs as a developing professional. She has also asked that you include the following in your plan:
- Select at least three professional development strategies or opportunities you can implement in the next year to develop as a professional.
- Evaluate your selected strategies for their applicability to your situation, overall financial value of the strategies, and their effectiveness in improving human services professionals' performance. Format your plan consistent with appropriate course-level APA guidelines.
BSHS 465 Week 4 Individual Team Assignment Current Legislation Worksheet
Instructions: This assignment gives you the opportunity to identify current legislation that impacts human services. While you will work on this portion of the assignment individually, you will share with your team in the Learning Team assignment when you collaborate to develop a presentation. Complete the University of Phoenix Material: Current Legislation Worksheet. Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.
BSHS 465 Week 4 Learning Team Assignment Current Legislation Presentation
Instructions: This Learning Team assignment offers you the opportunity to transform one of your teammates' Individual assignments into a presentation. Discuss the three pieces of legislation each team member selected for their Individual Assignment: Current Legislation Worksheet. Select one piece of federal, state, and local legislation from the various statutes included in the team's Current Legislation Worksheets. Create a 10- to 20-slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation, in which you evaluate the role and responsibilities of human service professionals in advocating for or against the Learning Team's selected pieces of legislation. Address the following in your presentation:
- Analyze the major tenets of the selected legislation.
- Identify strategies human services professionals are required to (or should take) in advocating for change associated with the legislation.
- Evaluate any ethical implications associated with this advocacy. Include photos, illustrations, graphs, diagrams, animations, videos, or audio clips as appropriate. Deliver your presentation, and submit your presentation file or link.
- For Local Campus, deliver a 10- to 20-minute oral presentation accompanied by slides or multimedia. • For Online Campus, provide detailed speaker notes in the presentation file or in a separate document. Format your assignment according to appropriate course-level APA guidelines. Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.
BSHS 465 Week 5 Individual Assignment Professional Skills Paper
Instructions: Complete both parts of this assignment. Part A Imagine you have been asked by your supervisor at a community outreach center to develop a treatment program for a vulnerable population. The community outreach center offers services to a variety of at-risk populations in your community. You have been given the opportunity to choose one of the following diverse populations to create the program to serve:
- Homeless parents with children
- Older adults
- People with a serious mental illness
- Adults with developmental disabilities
- Teenagers with substance abuse issues
- Victims of domestic violence
- Young adults with physical disabilities Research best practices for treatment of and interventions for your selected population using peer-reviewed journal articles from the University Library. Use the research to determine the type of treatment program for your selected population. Create a visually appealing brochure to introduce and promote your population specific treatment program and the intervention services. Include the following components in your informational brochure:
- Briefly introduce your Community Outreach Center, including mission statement and service goals.
- Provide an overview of the treatment intervention program.
- Describe the program and include the research that supports the effectiveness of the program.
- List requirements for participation in the program.
- Describe the treatment goals and expected intervention results, including post-treatment support.
- Describe ethical and cultural considerations.
- Explain how the intervention program supports the Community Outreach Center's mission, values, and ethical standards of the agency. Part B After developing your intervention program and the brochure, you are asked to evaluate the efficacy of the treatment program. Write a 350- to 700-word summary describing what you learned creating the intervention and brochure. Be sure to include the following in your summary:
- What value does the program and interventions bring to the agency?
- What ethical concerns might materialize in the implementation of the program, and how will you address them appropriately?
- How does the program comply with local policy and legislative requirements?
- How will you determine if the brochure is effective? Why or why not?
- Were there challenges that came up for you in developing the brochure? What will you do to address these challenges in the future? Format your assignment according to appropriate course-level APA guidelines. Submit your assignment to the Assignment Files tab.
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.