BSHS 457 ENTIRE COURSE
BSHS 457 Week 1 Individual Assignment Mandatory DQ
Instructions: Why are there so many models for describing the meaning of addiction? What defines the differences between use, misuse, and abuse of substances?
BSHS 457 Week 1 Individual Assignment Conceptualizing Codependency Paper
Instructions: Resources: Videos in this week's Electronic Reserve Readings and the Serene Center Self Help Documents Write a 1,400- to 1,750-word paper describing the effectiveness of various models. Include the following:
- Compare the different perspectives taken on codependence, as discussed in The codependence concept and the status quo and Concept of codependency: Blaming the victim or pathway to recovery? Include the following:
- CODA's patterns and characteristics of codependency
- Chmielewska's interpersonal dependency model
- The Serene Center's typical codependent traits
- Given what you are learning about addiction and codependency, which models do you feel are most effective for helping families and why?
- How are these models synergistic, or how do they take competing views.
- What are the consequences of uncontrolled addition?
- How is addition recovery affected by an all-inclusive view of codependency? Provide a summary about which theory you feel is most useful for helping to intervene on codependency. Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines. Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.
BSHS 457 Week 2 Individual Assignment the Impact of Codependence Recovery Paper
Instructions: Write a 1,400- to 1,750-word integrative paper that explores how the process of recovery for an addict is changed when the co-addict in their life focuses on a codependent recovery. Include the following:
- How does substance abuse affect the addict's physical, emotional, and psychological wellbeing?
- What recovery behaviors might the addict exhibit that aligns with the five dysfunctional patterns of codependency?
- How are the addict's family relationships affected by codependency?
- How is the process of recovery different when the co-addict takes a codependency approach to recovery? Include at least two peer-reviewed research articles. Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines. Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.
BSHS 457 Week 2 Learning Team Assignment How Substance Use Creates Problems in Families
Instructions: Discuss as a Learning Team the medical, physical, emotional, and psychological effects of substance abuse on both the addict and the coaddict. Discuss some of the processes that take place to create these problems. Create a 7- to 10-slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation that addresses these issues. Format any citations in your presentation consistent with APA guidelines. Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.
BSHS 457 Week 3 Individual Assignment Substance Abuse Impact on Children
Instructions: Create a 10- to 15-slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation that explores the developmental issues for children raised with active addicts and that explains how a human service worker can enhance services to these children. Address the following in your presentation:
- A general description of how cultures and families are affected by the intergenerational effects of substance abuse. Including the following:
- The manifestation of codependency in intergenerational patterns of substance abuse
- The conditions that impact childhood development
- The unique traits of a child of an alcoholic
- A discussion of the support processes that can help break the intergenerational cycle. Format any citations in your presentation consistent with APA guidelines. Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.
BSHS 457 Week 3 Learning Team Assignment Dysfunctional Addict Versus Functional Family Communication Role Play
Instructions: Develop a role-play that demonstrates a dysfunctional addict communication pattern between a child and two parents, one who is an addict and one who is not, and then demonstrate what a revised healthy communication would look like. This can be presented as a written transcript, as a live role-play, or as a recorded role-play, depending on the class delivery modality. Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.
BSHS 457 Week 4 Individual Assignment Individual Effects of Dysfunction
Instructions: Reflect on the similarities between the effects of abuse and the effects of being raised in an addictive family. Visit the University Library. Click on Specialized Resources and then PsychArticles. Search for an article on abuse by typing "Effects of Abuse" (include the quotes). Select an article, and analyze the similarities and differences between what you have learned in this course and what is discussed in the article. Write a 1,750 -to -2,100-word paper that briefly summarizes the findings of the article and that compares the effects of abuse in the article with what you have learned in this course. Make sure to address whether you see signs of codependence in the article you have selected. Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines. Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.
BSHS 457 Week 4 Learning Team Assignment Learning Team Annotated Outline on Increasing Family Functioning
Instructions: Review the presentation on functional versus dysfunctional family traits. Develop a set of services that would benefit families to increase functional family traits and reduce dysfunctional family traits. Provide an annotated outline with brief descriptions of each approach along with a brief description that including the factors that would need to be taken into account for various special populations. Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.
BSHS 457 Week 5 Individual Assignment Solution Focused
Instructions: Consider the following statement: Dysfunctional families create dysfunctional children. This situation can lead to an intergenerational cycle of dysfunction as the children of dysfunctional families become adults. Finding ways to improve the maturity and emotional functioning of adolescents and young adults before they marry and have children is an important goal. Develop a prevention program for reducing codependency in adolescents and young adults. Write a 1,400- to 1,750-word paper discussing specific interventions you would implement to teach youth and young adults to function better interpersonally and as a parent. Explain how these interventions would contribute to reducing the toxic side of codependency. Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines. Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.