BSHS 456 Week 2 Individual Assignment SAMHSA’s Five Objectives Applied to a Case Study
Instructions: Develop a case study or, preferably, refer to one that is known to you but change names and any specific identifying information that involves a person with an addiction. Write a 1,100- to 1,500-word paper that addresses the following:
- Include details of the history of the addiction.
- Include a family, educational, and social history.
- Apply SAMHSA's five objectives for assessment on p. 84 of Foundations of Addiction Counseling.
- What assessment measures would you recommend to assess the severity of the addiction? Why would you choose those particular ones?
- Have you addressed the full spectrum of problems for which treatment may be needed? Are there additional mental health issues in addition to addiction that need addressing? • What are the recommended interventions?
- What family or significant persons would you include? How would they be included? • How will you measure the progress and effectiveness of the plans? • Refer to "A Case Study of William" for guidance, on p. 180 of Foundations of Addiction Counseling. Include at least two peer-reviewed research articles. Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines. Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.