BSHS 385 Week 4 Learning Team Assignment Verbal and Nonverbal Attending Actions
Instructions: Clear and effective communication skills include assessing verbal and nonverbal attending actions. Recognizing the explicit meaning of words, along with their implicit messages, can reinforce accurate exchange of ideas and bring meaning to the therapeutic exchange. Collaborate with your Learning Team by brainstorming components related to verbal and nonverbal behaviors, communication, and attending skills. Write, as a team, a 2- to 3-page paper on the characteristics of nonverbal and verbal attending. Identify and demonstrate the following in the team paper:
- What are the five, main ways of sending and receiving messages to and from clients?
- What is verbal and nonverbal communication? What is an example of a verbal, nonverbal, and body message?
- How do we give meaning to nonverbal signals, and how can nonverbal signals offer clues and additional information?
- What is the importance of listening skills in a therapeutic interaction?
- How will effective listening guide you in gaining information? Support your research by providing 3-5 scholarly article resources. Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment...
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.