BSHS 385 ENTIRE COURSE
BSHS 385 Week 1 Individual Assignment Interview Paper
Instructions: Address the following topics in a 350- to 525-word paper:
- What is the purpose and function of interviews in health and human services?
- What type of information do you hope to gain during interviews?
- What are the steps that should be considered when preparing for an interview?
- How does the interview process allow human service professionals to assist clients in establishing goals?
- What are the types of interviews in the human services setting?
- How does the type of interview direct the selected format? Support your research by providing three to five different scholarly article sources. Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines. Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.
BSHS 385 Week 1 Individual Assignment Interview Scenario
Instructions: Human service professionals are challenged to assist clients in establishing goals related to outcomes. Assessing these goals early in the therapeutic process can provide the structure and direction needed to move forward in the intervention. You have been assigned as a case worker for a new client. The client meets with you for the first time to discuss his/her concern. The client, a 52-year-old man, has just moved into the state and gained custody of his two medically-fragile children, ages 4 and 2. He is the primary caregiver for the 2 children, works full time and is attending school. The client has enrolled the children in school. At this visit, the client requested support to receive early intervention services for the children, who are displaying developmental delays in the areas of communication, language development, and fine motor skills. The client has obtained information about a developmental pediatrician; however, he indicates the children may require more support. Respond to the following questions in 550-750 words:
- What is the purpose of the client's visit?
- What are the primary and secondary issues and/or concerns of the client?
- Are there any elements missing from the summary you will need to know for a complete assessment?
- In this interview scenario, how can you assist your client in establishing a goal(s) related to the outcomes?
- What steps are needed to assist clients in establishing goals?
- What value does collaboration have during your interview?
- How do you identify the most effective objective(s)?
- What are some objectives that would support the identified goal? Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.
BSHS 385 Week 2 Individual Assignment Interview Job Aid
Instructions: Interview preparation is essential in conducting an organized and thorough interview. Determining the core elements of an effective interview environment should be considered as a part of the interview preparation process. Create a job aid in APA format that helps you prepare for an interview. Think of job descriptions you have seen or applied for in the past as your guide - what elements are important when hiring someone? Include a checklist of the physical elements that should be present in an interview. Create a list of elements that are conducive to an effective physical interview environment. Describe why each element is important in structuring the interview process. Address the role of note taking and documentation through the lens of interview recall, accurate clinical assessments, compliance, and information management. Identify considerations in the interview process for note taking and documentation (technology, resources, and best practices). Include professional and ethical behaviors, as well as considerations. Identify components of professional and ethical behaviors for human service workers. Address the role of note taking and documentation within the job aid. Save this job aid as a handy reference for your future or current career. Meet word count of 550-750 words on paper.
BSHS 385 Week 3 Individual Assignment Interpersonal Communication
Instructions: Effective interpersonal communication skills can support the building, development, and maintenance of therapeutic relationships. Listening, demonstrating positive regard, building rapport, displaying empathy, and minimizing distractions are all techniques that can build and create a caring, safe, and supportive therapeutic environment. Read the following scenario: A client comes to your office without an appointment. The client, a 40year-old female, has been working to gain custody of her two, school aged children. She is visibly upset, crying and yelling on her phone. She enters your office, indicating the court hearing for her children has been rescheduled due to her missing an important home visit. She has asked you contact the courts to advocate on her behalf. Although this is outside the realm of your role, you would like to show the client you are interested in supporting her concerns. This assignment has two parts: Part 1: Script Write a 700- to 1,050-word response to your client that demonstrates positive regard, empathy, and listening skills. Use what you have learned to identify how to gain her full attention, show interest, and minimize distractions. Include in your paper a script of how you would respond to the scenario - your paper MUST have background information on interviews and the script. Focus your discussion on how you will show your client the following concepts:
- Positive regard
- Consider the value of positive regard and empathy in building rapport
- Building rapport and displaying empathy
- Listening for comprehension and gaining information
- Gaining attention and showing interest
- Minimizing distractions and barriers
- Importance of note taking Part 2: Video or presentation - the video is REQUIRED! Online Campus Students Record yourself reading your script using a Webcam or camera phone. Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your paper and video file. If your file is too large, you can post the video on YouTube and submit the link to the video. Local Campus Students Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your paper and be prepared to present your script in class.
BSHS 385 Week 4 Learning Team Assignment Verbal and Nonverbal Attending Actions
Instructions: Clear and effective communication skills include assessing verbal and nonverbal attending actions. Recognizing the explicit meaning of words, along with their implicit messages, can reinforce accurate exchange of ideas and bring meaning to the therapeutic exchange. Collaborate with your Learning Team by brainstorming components related to verbal and nonverbal behaviors, communication, and attending skills. Write, as a team, a 2- to 3-page paper on the characteristics of nonverbal and verbal attending. Identify and demonstrate the following in the team paper:
- What are the five, main ways of sending and receiving messages to and from clients?
- What is verbal and nonverbal communication? What is an example of a verbal, nonverbal, and body message?
- How do we give meaning to nonverbal signals, and how can nonverbal signals offer clues and additional information?
- What is the importance of listening skills in a therapeutic interaction?
- How will effective listening guide you in gaining information? Support your research by providing 3-5 scholarly article resources. Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment...
BSHS 385 Week 4 Individual Assignment Skillful Interviewing
Instructions: Complete "Skillful Interviewing." Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.
BSHS 385 Week 5 Individual Assignment Interviews and Technology
Instructions: Technological changes have impacted health and human service delivery in recent years. Understanding how compliance, security, and confidentiality are impacted by these changes will be paramount as the profession moves further into the 21st century. Explain how technology has changed and influenced the delivery of human service in recent decades in a 750- to 1,050-word paper. Explain and provide examples of the role of compliance, security, and confidentiality in relation to technical platforms. Identify and demonstrate the following:
- What are the various types of technology used in health and human services? Think in terms of management information systems, Internet, phone/video conferencing, audio recordings, assistive technologies, spreadsheets, and networking.
- How do health and human service providers use technology for mandated reporting, make direct referrals, and locate and access resources?
- How does technology support client searches and applications for programs and services?
- How does technology bridge clients in rural areas to services and programs?
- What is the compliance standard when using technology in health and human services?
- How does a provider secure private and confidential client information?
- What are a few ethical concerns relating to the use of technology in service delivery? Support your research by providing 3 to 5 different scholarly article resources. Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.