BSHS 375 ENTIRE COURSE
BSHS 375 Week 1 Individual Assignment Using Information Technology in Human Services
Instructions: Review the "Global Issues in Context: Left Homeless, Storm Victims Turn to Internet to Find Shelter" podcast, located in this week's Electronic Reserve readings.
- The podcast discusses the use of technology to locate available places where homeless storm victims can find shelter. If a family locates a place using the electronic resource, they are expecting it to be a guarantee. Consider some of the risks associated with misinformation. Imagine you are a reporter for a national news syndication. You are tasked with writing a summation of the usefulness of technology in a crisis situation. Be sure to include in your article your opinion of or personal experience with crisis. Write a 350- to 700-word article that discusses the following:
- How was the use of technology demonstrated in this podcast?
- Identify uses of information technology to connect clients to online resources.
- Is there any danger in being dependent on technology, specifically in the scenario from the podcast?
- Evaluate the differences between and benefits of electronic information over receiving information in a written printed format.
- When considering the needs of people in crisis, how effective is the use of technology in the following circumstances?
- Speed of information
- Access to the technology
- Updating data
- How can a human service agency ensure that they are not liable for information that could be wrong?
- Are there any regulations you can think of that should be considered when providing access to materials using technology? Click the Assignment Files Tab to submit your assignment.
BSHS 375 Week 1 Individual Assignment Technology, Human Services and Interoperability
Instructions: Review "Interoperability and the Future of Human Services" by Schoech in this week's Electronic Reserve Readings. Write a 700- to 1,050-word paper discussing technology, human services, and interoperability. Include the following topics in your paper:
- Identify a human services organization―for example, a mental health provider or a foster care provider―and describe the services it provides.
- Describe the three models of interoperability.
- Discuss why it is important for agencies to work together and share information.
- Outline the advantages and disadvantages for your chosen agency to integrate each of the interoperability models. Which model is most useful for your particular agency to use? Format your paper according to APA guidelines. Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.
BSHS 375 Week 2 Learning Team Assignment Service Delivery Model Presentation
Instructions: Human service delivery can be grouped into three categories: education, health, and social services.
- Education: instructional services to children and families
- Health: nutrition, medical, and mental services
- Social Services: child welfare, day care and counseling; keep in mind that all services are related to helping mitigate social problems and inconveniences. As a whole, consider the entire social services system of delivery. Identify or create a human services organization of your choice that falls into one of the highlighted categories above. Identify a service your organization offers: for example, online service e-filing, statewide referral services, housing, or general assistance. Consider methods to make the service used and recognized statewide and nationally, as well as the benefits of doing so. Discuss widespread technical access. Create a 12- to 15-slide presentation with speaker notes that describes ways the organization could promote the selected service, make it accessible to clients, and encourage clients to use the services. Examples might be distributing brochures to your clients when they visit the office or setting up a computer station at the office. Title and reference slides DO NOT count towards slide count. Format any citations in your presentation according to APA guidelines. Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.
BSHS 375 Week 2 Individual Assignment Database: Demographic Information
Instructions: Resources: Database Template, Spreadsheet Guide on Excel®, and Lynda.com® Tutorials Use the raw data in the Database Template to build on this assignment over the next 4 weeks using this single document. The final product will be submitted in Week 5. Note: The Database Template has two worksheets. Access each using the tabs at the bottom of the template. You will also add new tabs in Weeks 4 & 5. Each week's tab should be contained in a single worksheet. Using the Demographic worksheet in the Database Template, do the following:
- Create an automatic sort by applying a filter to each column so your data can be viewed in different ways.
- Format the Demographic worksheet so it can be printed in landscape format and on a single page.
- Create a header in the header field labeled "Database."
- Add cell borders around each cell. Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment..
BSHS 375 Week 2 Individual Assignment Software for Human Services Organizations
Instructions: Research software applications used to track the provision of client services in human services in the kind of organization chosen in Week 1. Identify and analyze two software applications, excluding Microsoft® Excel®, Microsoft® PowerPoint®, and Microsoft® Word applications. Write a 1,050- to 1,400-word paper summarizing research of the software applications that might be used in your chosen human services organization. Include the following in your paper:
- Identify the benefits of using this software to centralize electronic client records and human services resources.
- How would you use the selected software to track client services?
- Describe the advantages or disadvantages (if any) of using the software.
- Explain whether the size of the organization helps determine the software package chosen (think in terms of scope and budget).
- Identify two to three possible challenges that could occur during implementation and how you would resolve them. Cite your sources. Format your paper according to APA guidelines. Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.
BSHS 375 Week 3 Individual Assignment Database: Encounters Information
Instructions: Resources: Database Template, Spreadsheet Guide on Excel®, and Lynda.com® Tutorials Complete the Encounters worksheet in the Database Template you started in Week 2.
- Enter five encounters for three of the clients you entered in the Demographics worksheet in Week 2. The client's name in the Encounters worksheet should be linked to the client's name on the Demographics worksheet.
- The formula in column G should reflect the number of hours of service times the fee per hour.
- The number in column H is up to you. Add a dollar amount that each client paid. The dollar amount paid in this column should be unique to each client.
- The formula in column I should reflect the amount due minus the amount paid. Once you have correctly entered the formulas for columns G and I in row 2, copy and paste the formulas down both the entire columns so that all rows in these two columns contain the formulas. Save your work. Click the Assignments Files tab to submit your assignment.
BSHS 375 Week 3 Individual Assignment Technological Access to Services Presentation
Instructions: Create a 12- to 15-slide presentation with speaker notes discussing how technology assists in linking clients to services. Remember that Title and Reference slides DO NOT count towards slide count. Include a discussion of the following topics in the paper or presentation:
- Identify three technologies that increase client accessibility to services, such as biometric, digital alerts, smart cards, and microchips. At least one should be an online technology helping client's access online resources.
- For each technology, explain which population is targeted, the advantages and disadvantages, and the process for the client to access the technology. Cite your sources. Format any citations in your presentation according to APA guidelines. Click the Assignments Files tab to submit your assignment.
BSHS 375 Week 4 Learning Team Assignment Health Care Educational Resources Paper
Instructions: Answer each of the following questions individually, and post the answers in your team forum to compare information from multiple states. Your Learning Team should research a minimum of three states.
- What assistive technologies are available to special needs populations in the states the team has chosen to research?
- What health care educational resources are available to special needs populations in your states?
- Do the selected states provide a comprehensive database of available services and technologies?
- How do special needs populations access services in your states?
- Is funding for services or assistive technology provided? If so, how is it obtained?
- What additional assistive technology has been invented but is not currently funded or supported in your selected states? Create a poster presentation to summarize team members' research. The poster should include the following information:
- Describe how the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 affects human services.
- List the states the team researched.
- Compare the methods each state uses to provide assistive technology and educational resources to its citizens.
- How does each state provide resources necessary for citizens to obtain assistive technology?
- Based on what you learned about various states, what are some recommendations to enhance the way the assistive technology and educational resources are made available in each state? Cite any sources. Format any citations on your poster according to APA guidelines. Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.
BSHS 375 Week 4 Individual Assignment Database: Creating a Pivot Chart
Instructions: Resources: Database Template, and Spreadsheet Guide on Excel® Open the Database Template, and click on the Demographics Tab. Create a pivot table and bar chart reflecting the number of clients taking each type of medication. Follow the instructions in the Spreadsheet Guide to create the pivot table and the bar chart, and change the tab label. Save your work. Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.
BSHS 375 Week 5 Learning Team Assignment Quality Assurance Review
Instructions: Part 1 The director of a community-based mental health agency receives a phone call from a school where one of the staff is providing services to a client. The teacher who is calling reports that the staff person is talented but is not open to feedback and does not tailor her interventions with the client according to the client's behavior on a specific day. She is also frequently late. This has created conflict between the teacher and the staff person. Write a screenplay for the scenario, creating dialogue to examine this particular case and determining whether services are being provided appropriately. The play should follow the dialogue as the director gathers information from the teacher, the staff person, the family, and anyone else involved in the case. Create a list of 7 to 10 questions to help guide your information-gathering process, covering three basic components of quality assurance:
- Proper provision of service
- Client satisfaction with service
- Proper documentation Explain the reasoning behind your chosen questions. Describe how the information gathered from your questions can help monitor and prevent future fraud and misappropriation of services. Part 2 During the investigation, the teacher reveals to you that the client had just been treated for a communicable disease. Identify how security was breached in this scenario, and explain the effects on confidentiality and services. In this circumstance, how would you repair the relationship with the client and prevent it from happening again? What ethical guidelines can be used to determine a procedure for staff to follow in the future? Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.
BSHS 375 Week 5 Individual Assignment Database: Creating a Pie Chart
Instructions: Resources: Database Template, and Spreadsheet Guide on Excel® Open the Database Template, and click on the "Encounters" tab. Create a pivot table and a pie chart reflecting the dollar amount due to each of the three care providers. Follow the instructions in the Spreadsheet Guide on Excel® to create the pivot table and the pie chart, and change the tab label. Save your work. Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.
BSHS 375 Week 5 Individual Assignment Online Therapy Paper
Instructions: Conduct an Internet search for at least three online therapy sites. Write a 1,050- to 1,400-word paper in which you discuss the content in each site, the professionals involved, and how the actual online interaction occurs. Explain how professional associations and state regulatory boards address, treat, and refer to online therapy. Discuss related security issues and ethical issues, such as informed consent and confidentiality. Discuss how client data is protected in an online therapy setting. Include your opinion of the advantages and disadvantages of online therapy services. Cite all your sources as in-text citations in the body of your paper and as references on the reference page. Format your paper according to APA guidelines. Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.