BSHS 335 ENTIRE COURSE
BSHS 335 Week 1 Learning Team Charter
Instructions: Complete the Learning Team Charter, located in the Learning Team Toolkit. Note: When approaching Learning Team assignments, equal group work is required. Reference your Learning Team Charter for the details and guidance. Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.
BSHS 335 Week 1 Individual Assignment Codes of Ethics and Decision-Making Models Comparative Charts and Response
Instructions: Complete the Code of Ethics and Decision-Making Models Comparative Charts and Response (found under Student Materials).
BSHS 335 Week 2 Learning Team Assignment Ethical Practice Brochure
Instructions: Imagine you’re Learning Team has been asked to provide ethical consultation and support to a human services organization. Prepare a 6-fold brochure detailing how your Learning Team would provide this support and consultation. Use the Brochure Builder, Microsoft® Word, PowerPoint®, or Visio® to help create your brochure. Include the following in the brochure:
- Overview of Ethical Standards in the Client-Human Services Professional Relationship.
- Topics which may lead to ethical dilemmas.
- Key ethical factors human service professionals must consider, such as identifying when informed consent has been provided, and the impact of duty to warn and duty to protect on a client's right to confidentiality.
- Resources available to human service professionals when they face ethical dilemmas. • Importance of proper client record storage and how to maintain confidentiality. Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.
BSHS 335 Week 2 Individual Assignment Ethical Case Study
Instructions: Select one of the Case Illustrations within the chapters, or the Concluding Case Illustrations at the end of chapters, from Ch. 1-9 of Ethical Practice in the Human Services. Write a 1,050- to 1,400-word paper applying the following information:
- Summarize the situation.
- Outline the role of the human services professional in the facilitation of client self-determination, in least intrusive intervention, and in least restrictive environment.
- Identify the ethical dilemmas present in the case.
- Describe how you, as a human services professional, would approach this ethical dilemma while doing the following:
- Respecting confidentiality
- Providing informed consent
- Considering duty to warn and duty to protect Required Sources: The Ethical Pracitices in Human Services textbook is required. Please use APA formatted citations and reference listings to give the original source credit.
BSHS 335 Week 3 Individual Assignment Human Services Competencies Questionnaire
Instructions: Complete the Human Services Competencies Questionnaire (found under Student Materials)
Required Sources: The Ethical Pracitices in Human Services textbook is required. Please use APA formatted citations and reference listings to give the original source credit.
Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.
BSHS 335 Week 4 Learning Team Assignment Ethical Issues in Family Services Presentation
Instructions: Select a case study from one of the following options:
- A case illustration from Exercise 13.1, 13.2, or 13.4, or from the Concluding Case Illustration at the end of Ch. 13
- An issue from local, state, or national current events which involves an ethical issue related to couples, families, groups and/or the community Prepare a 10- to 20-slide PowerPoint® presentation about the couple, family, group or community, the ethical dilemma(s) of the case, and how a human service professional would address the ethical concerns. Be sure to apply specific ethical guidelines to the situation, including applicable professional standards from at least two different Codes of Ethics.
Required Material: Two different Codes of Ethics need to be used. Please use APA formatted citations and reference listings to give the original source credit.
BSHS 335 Week 4 Individual Assignment Group Services Analysis
Instructions: Locate two different human service groups provided near or within your community (support groups for addiction, weight loss support groups, groups for new moms, etc). Obtain information about the groups via their website, by making a phone call, sending an email, or visiting the group in person. Prepare a 400-600-word overview of each group in which the following components are addressed:
- What kinds of services are provided by this group?
- Should members be pre-screened for any reason? Why or why not?
- What specific training and experience do you feel is essential to be ethical and effective with this group?
- What kinds of ethical dilemmas may arise in this type of group?
- Which code(s) of ethics would be relevant to this group? Explain how these codes address the needs of the group? Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.
Required Material: One Code of Ethics needs to be used for each human service group chosen. Please use APA formatted citations and reference listings to give the original source credit.
BSHS 335 Week 5 Learning Team Assignment Supervisory Relationships Presentation
Instructions: Prepare a 10-20 slide PowerPoint® presentation on the nature of supervisory relationships and ethics for human services professionals. Address the following in relation to supervision in your presentation:
- The trainee's ability and competency
- Cultural Competency
- Legal aspects
- Multiple role and relationships
- Supervisor's roles and responsibilities Required Sources: One peer-reviewed source is required for this assignment. Please use APA formatted citations and reference listings to give the original source credit.
BSHS 335 Week 5 Individual Assignment Self-Evaluation Paper
Instructions: Envision that you are a Human Services worker at the local Community Family Homeless shelter. You are preparing for the Holiday gift giving event by matching the donated gifts to your clients. You consider yourself to be an ethical professional. However, you are questioning whether it is ethical to switch the gift tag on one gift. One of the little girls at the shelter lost her favorite "American Girl" doll and has been crying about her lost doll since she and her family arrived at the shelter. Today, you see that a “American Girl" doll gift is tagged to another child at the shelter. What do you do? Review the Codes of Ethics and Decision-Making Models Comparative Charts and Response that you completed for Week 2. Write a 700- to 1,050-word paper in which you discuss your ethical decision to switch the tag or not:
- Include how you apply the ethical guidelines to make an informed ethical decision.
- Identify your personal and professional values and attitudes regarding the ethical situation
- Describe how you will ensure that you are engaged in an ethical human service practice Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines. Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.