BSCOM 100 Week 2 Individual Assignment Interview Activity
Instructions: Choose five of the following interview questions. Develop two to three sentence responses for each chosen question:
- Tell me about yourself.
- What do you know about our organization?
- Why do you want to work for us?
- What can you do for us that someone else cannot?
- Why should we hire you?
- What important trends do you see in our industry?
- Why are you leaving your present (or last) job?
- What do you think are the salary requirements?
- What are your strengths?
- What are your weaknesses?
- Describe a situation in which you had to work with a difficult person and how you handled it.
- What motivates you to put forth your greatest effort?
- In what kind of work environment are you comfortable?
- What two or three things are important to you in your job?
- How well do you work under deadlines and pressure?
- On your way to work, you experience a frustrating situation. How do you maintain a positive attitude and avoid bringing negative emotions into the office?
- Have you been in a situation where you disagreed with a supervisor's decision or a company policy? Describe how you handled the situation.
- Are you a team player? Provide an example.
- How do you evaluate success?
- Tell me about some of your recent achievements.
- What are your long-term goals?
- How do you promote team unity?
- Tell me about your favorite teacher. What characteristics do you admire and why?
- What motivates you? Submit your responses in a Microsoft® Word document to the Assignment Files tab. Please list the questions you have chosen and your response under it. Your grade will based on the level of depth you provide in your response. Part of this exercise is to help you learn how to write concise responses. A concise response is short and to the point. You have to choose your words very carefully.
As a class please feel free to discuss your five chosen questions and responses. Doing so will count as part of your participation points and help you pick the best questions for your assignment.
Use the following link for some additional guidance on interviewing: Selling Yourself in an Interview by AG Careers
Grading: Interview Activity Criteria Ratings Pts Paper includes five questions and responses, from the provided list.
- 0 pts Each response is well developed, and concise.
- 0 pts Each response is 2-3 sentences long, and is formatted based on APA guidelines.
- 0 pts Total Points: 10.0
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.