BSCOM 100 ENTIRE COURSE
BSCOM 100 Week 1 Individual Assignment Introduction to Communication Worksheet
Instructions: Complete the University of Phoenix Material: Introduction to Communication Worksheet. Submit your worksheet to the Assignment Files tab
BSCOM 100 Week 2 Individual Assignment Nonverbal, Interpersonal, and Textual Communication Worksheet
Instructions: Complete the University of Phoenix Material: Nonverbal, Interpersonal, and Textual Communication Worksheet. Submit your worksheet to the Assignment Files tab.
. Nonverbal and Textual COM, Wksheet Criteria Ratings Pts Part 1: Each picture must address that is happening (based on nonverbal COM), and how the student determined that.
- 50pts each Part 2: Each question
- 25pts each Part 3: Each question
- 50pts each Total Points: 10.0
BSCOM 100 Week 2 Individual Assignment Interview Activity
Instructions: Choose five of the following interview questions. Develop two to three sentence responses for each chosen question:
- Tell me about yourself.
- What do you know about our organization?
- Why do you want to work for us?
- What can you do for us that someone else cannot?
- Why should we hire you?
- What important trends do you see in our industry?
- Why are you leaving your present (or last) job?
- What do you think are the salary requirements?
- What are your strengths?
- What are your weaknesses?
- Describe a situation in which you had to work with a difficult person and how you handled it.
- What motivates you to put forth your greatest effort?
- In what kind of work environment are you comfortable?
- What two or three things are important to you in your job?
- How well do you work under deadlines and pressure?
- On your way to work, you experience a frustrating situation. How do you maintain a positive attitude and avoid bringing negative emotions into the office?
- Have you been in a situation where you disagreed with a supervisor's decision or a company policy? Describe how you handled the situation.
- Are you a team player? Provide an example.
- How do you evaluate success?
- Tell me about some of your recent achievements.
- What are your long-term goals?
- How do you promote team unity?
- Tell me about your favorite teacher. What characteristics do you admire and why?
- What motivates you? Submit your responses in a Microsoft® Word document to the Assignment Files tab. Please list the questions you have chosen and your response under it. Your grade will based on the level of depth you provide in your response. Part of this exercise is to help you learn how to write concise responses. A concise response is short and to the point. You have to choose your words very carefully.
As a class please feel free to discuss your five chosen questions and responses. Doing so will count as part of your participation points and help you pick the best questions for your assignment.
Use the following link for some additional guidance on interviewing: Selling Yourself in an Interview by AG Careers
Grading: Interview Activity Criteria Ratings Pts Paper includes five questions and responses, from the provided list.
- 0 pts Each response is well developed, and concise.
- 0 pts Each response is 2-3 sentences long, and is formatted based on APA guidelines.
- 0 pts Total Points: 10.0
BSCOM 100 Week 3 Individual Assignment Small Team Experiences Paper
Instructions: ***This is an Individual Assignment - there are no learning team assignments in this course.
Recall a small team or group of which you have been a part. Choose one of the options below for this assignment. The details required for each option are in the document link to the right. Follow the instructions for the option you choose. Include at least three references that support your paper. At least one of the three must come from your week three readings.
Option 1: Small Team or Group Paper Option 2: Small Team Training Presentation
BSCOM 100 Week 4 Individual Assignment Difficult Presentations Made Easy
Instructions: Watch "Difficult Presentations Made Easy." Create a 10- to 15-slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation that outlines techniques to improve your presentation skills. Develop a presentation that includes information from the video on ways to address anxiety-reducing techniques and improve overall presentation delivery. Use an informative or persuasive approach to illustrate the importance of mastering key presentation techniques. Cite at least two references from University Library. Format your presentation using a balance of graphics (when appropriate) and short phrases or sentences on each slide. Expand with detailed speakers notes for each slide. Use APA format for your reference slide and in your speakers notes. You will present your presentation using Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentations with notes. Speakers notes are required for each slide, and this is where the bulk of your information should be.
Submit your assignment to the Assignment Files tab.
Difficult Presentations Made Easy, Week 4 Criteria Points Possible Content: Presentation includes information from the video on ways to address anxiety-reducing techniques and improve overall presentation delivery. 4.0 pts Delivery:
Informative or persuasive approach to illustrate the importance of mastering key presentation techniques. Professional appearance utilizing supportive images, infographics, and/or text tools to emphasize content points. 3.0 pts Presentation includes speaker's notes for each slide, detailing the bulk of your presentation information. 3.0 pts Utilized and appropriately referenced at least two scholarly sources from University Library to support the overall content of the presentation. 2.0 pts Presentation has 10-15 Slides 2.0 pts Presentation is formatted based on APA guidelines 1.0 pts Late Deductions (10% per day late = 1.5 points each day)
BSCOM 100 Week 5 Individual Assignment Special Issues Paper and Presentation
Instructions: Resource: Communication Research Methods Activity. Use the activity to help learn about different methods of research. The matrix is optional and can be included in your assignment.
Write a 1,000- to 1,300-word paper on special issues in communication. Discuss the following in your paper as they relate to communication:
- Mass communication
Include how these issues relate to each other. For instance, how do gender differences affect communication? How does technology affect communication between different cultures? Does diversity affect ethical decisions? How does technology affect ethical decision making?
Prepare a 7-10 slide PowerPoint presentation that complements your paper.
Cite at least three references from University Library or your weekly readings. Use the research activity and matrix to help guide you in how to find these references. Format your references consistent with APA guidelines. Submit your assignments (both the paper and PowerPoint) to the Assignment Files tab.
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.