BIO 101 Week 4 Individual Assignment Structure and Functions of Organs
Instructions: Identify an organism that lives within 50 miles of your home.
Include a diagram of your chosen organism with its main organs/structures labeled. You may also include other appropriate images in your paper. Make sure to cite all images and provide a corresponding APA-formatted reference entry in your reference section.
Write a 1,050- to 1,400-word paper about how the organism has adapted to survive in their specific environment. Include the following points in your paper:
- Briefly describe the environment (temperature, landscape, food sources, etc.) and describe the organism's role in the environment. Determine which organism your chosen organism be most closely related to using a phylogenetic tree.
- Identify the structures and functions of the main organs found in your selected organism.
- Explain how the organism has evolved physiologically to become suited to its environment.
- Explain how things would change if the organism were to be transplanted to a significantly different environment:
- Would their organ system still be as efficient? Why or why not?
- Would the organism survive in this new environment? Why or why not?
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines including references and in-text citations. Your paper should include a well written introduction and conclusion. Use only academic research sources.
Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.