ACCT 555 External Auditing Week 3 Homework Assignment
6-19 (Objective 6-1) The following questions concern the reasons auditors do audits. Choose the best response.
- Which of the following best describes the reason why an independent auditor reports on financial statements?
- Because of the risk of material misstatement, an audit should be planned and performed with an attitude of
- The major reason an independent auditor gathers audit evidence is to
6-20 (Objective 6-3) The following questions deal with errors and fraud. Choose the best response.
- An independent auditor has the responsibility to design the audit to provide reasonable assurance of detecting errors and fraud that might have a material effect on the financial statements. Which of the following, if material, is a fraud as defined in auditing standards?
- What assurance does the auditor provide that errors, fraud, and direct-effect illegal acts that are material to the financial statements will be detected?
6-27 (Objectives 6-6, 6-7) The following are specific transaction-related audit objectives applied to the audit of cash disbursement transactions (a through f), management assertions about classes of transactions (1 through 5), and general transaction-related audit objectives (6 through 11).
Specific Transaction-Related Audit Objective
- Recorded cash disbursement transactions are for the amount of goods or services received and are correctly recorded.
7-25 (Objectives 7-3, 7-4) The following questions concern persuasiveness of evidence. Choose the best response.
- Which of the following types of documentary evidence should the auditor consider to be the most reliable?
- Which of the following statements concerning audit evidence is true?
- Audit evidence can come in different forms with different degrees of persuasiveness. Which of the following is the least persuasive type of evidence?
- Which of the following presumptions is correct about the reliability of audit evidence?
7-26 (Objectives 7-5, 7-6) The following questions concern audit documentation. Choose the best response.
- Which of the following isnota primary purpose of audit documentation?
- During an audit engagement, pertinent data are compiled and included in the audit files. The audit files primarily are considered to be
- Although the quantity, type, and content of audit documentation will vary with the circumstances, audit documentation generally will include the
- The permanent file of an auditor’s working papers most likely would include copies of the
7-27 (Objective 7-4) The following are examples of documentation typically obtained by auditors:
7-28 (Objective 7-4) The following are examples of audit procedures:
8-25 (Objectives 8-1, 8-3) The following questions concern the planning of the engagement. Select the best response.
- Which of the following is an effective audit planning procedure that helps prevent misunderstandings and inefficient use of audit personnel?
8-28 (Objectives 8-2, 8-3, 8-4, 8-5) The following are various activities an auditor does during audit planning.
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.