ACCT 553 Week 1 Homework Solution
- 3-31. Tom and Linda are married taxpayers who file a joint return. They have itemized deductions of $12,250 and four exemptions. Assuming an adjusted gross income of $40,000, what is their taxable income for 2012?
- 3-32. Compute Marie’s taxable income for 2012, assuming she is single and claims two dependent children. Her adjusted gross income is $70,000, and she has itemized deductions of $9,000.
- 3-36. Compute Stanley’s taxable income for 2012, assuming he has $1,000 in wages from working in a grocery store and $2,000 in interest income from some bonds he owns. Stanley, age 16, is claimed as a dependent on his parents’ return.
- 13-55. Mr. Z, a non-dealer, sold assets on an installment plan. Determine Mr. Z’s gross income for 2012. Relevant data include:
- 13-69. Comprehensive Problem. Bill is a cash-basis, calendar-year taxpayer. Which of the following December items result in gross income or deductions for the current year?
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.