PSY 405 Week 5 Individual Assignment Personality Theory Analysis
Instructions: Complete one of the following paper options.
Option 1 Select two of the following theoretical approaches: psychodynamic, humanistic and existential, dispositional, or learning. Obtain faculty approval of your selection. Write a 1,050- to 1,400-word paper in which you compare the theories selected. Address the following:
- Describe the role of personality in affecting situational behavior.
- Examine the personality characteristics attributed to each theory in your approach.
- Explain the interpersonal relational aspects associated with the theories selected. Include a reference page with a minimum of three to five peer-reviewed sources. Format your paper according to APA guidelines. Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.
Option 2 Read "Students' Characteristics, Self-Regulated Learning, Technology Self-Efficacy, and Course Outcomes in Online Learning," located in this week's Electronic Reserve Readings. The article supports the idea that students with prior online learning experience have more effective learning strategies to apply to future online studies than those with no prior online learning experience. They also had higher levels of motivation for courses, and increased technology self-efficacy. Given these results, apply the learning-cognitive theories of personality to explain these findings. Select two theoretical approaches to learning from any of the behavioral, cognitive and constructionist views. Write a 1,050- to 1,400-word paper in which you combine the principles of the theory to explain how a student's increased online learning experience can lead to a demonstration of more effective learning strategies, higher levels of motivation, and increased technology self-efficacy. Address the following:
- Identify the synergy between personality development and student learning behavior.
- Differentiate between two theoretical approaches, and discuss how each one supports effective learning strategies, increases motivation for learning, and enhances technology self-awareness.
- Apply each theoretical approach to an example of student learning. Include a reference page with a minimum of three additional peer reviewed sources. Format your paper according to APA guidelines. Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.