HCS 552 ENTIRE COURSE
HCS 552 Week 1 Individual Assignment Terms Comparison Paper
Select terms from this week’s readings and discuss how these terms compare to each other in the world of health care economics. Some examples of terms are resources , quality , technology , and costs .
Write a 750- to 1,050-word paper that is a comprehensive comparison of these terms. Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.
HCS 552 Week 2 Individual Assignment Demand Versus Supply Paper
The United States has a great consumer demand for health care services. The supply of these services or products, such as new medications or medical equipment, is affected by many factors. Select a service or product that may be in demand by the health care consumer now or in the future.
Write a 1,050- to 1,400-word paper on your selected service or product that discusses the effects of consumer demand on medical care services or products versus the economic variables of cost, access, and supply.
Support your perspective and rationale for the continued provision of a current service, or for the implementation of a new service or product, based on economic principles or supply chain models. Cite a minimum of three sources. Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.
HCS 552 Week 2 Learning Team Charter
This assignment requires the collaborative preparation of a Learning Team Charter. Instructions:This assignment requires the collaborative preparation of a Learning Team Charter. A model template is attached to this assignment.
HCS 552 Week 3 Learning Team Organization Selection/Outline/Annotated Bibliography for WK 5
In Week 5 each team will have to choose a healthcare organization and prepare a presentation for that Health Care Delivery System. Instructions:
This week as a team you are to select the healthcare organizations, your primary organization and the organization that you will use as a comparison, that your team will study and begin your initial research. Identify at least three relevant sources.
Then develop an annotated bibliography (this is a citation using APA formatting accompanied by a short summary paragraph) noting the key points from the article (or other source) as well as how it relates to your team's presentation. References should be credible/high quality (e.g. journal articles, book chapters, etc.).
HCS 552 Week 4 Individual Assignment Health Care Economic Issues Outline
Prepare a detailed outline of the Health Care Economic Issues Presentation.
Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.
HCS 552 Week 5 Individual Assignment Health Care Delivery Systems Presentation
Write a 1050 to 1400 word paper about health care delivery systems that includes the following information:
- Choose a health care organization and describe the current health care delivery structure in that organization.
- Compare your health care delivery system to the system of a competitor in the market.
- Profile the effects of licensing and regulatory factors on health care delivery requirements at your chosen organization.
- What changes are occurring in the economy or concerning licensing and regulatory factors that must be considered in the future?
- What national trends are affecting competition and pricing initiatives?
- What quality indicators affect pricing at the local level? Cite a minimum of three sources. Format your sources consistent with APA guidelines.
Prepare an 8- to 10-slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation overview of your paper.
HCS 552 Week 5 Learning Team Evaluation
Complete a final Learning Team Evaluation by scoring and providing supportive comments/examples for yourself and each team member. Instructions:
The grade for this assignment will be based on the completeness and quality of the evaluation so be thoughtful and specific in your comments. Also remember the questions at the bottom on the form. This is an individual assignment. A copy of the Learning Team Evaluation is attached.
HCS 552 Week 6 Individual Assignment Health Care Economic Issues Presentation
Select a health care issue or situation. Some examples include the following:
- The aging population
- Changing technology
- Health care insurance issues - underinsured, uninsured, and so on
- Health care spending
- Health care reform
- Pharmaceuticals Complete the Health Care Economic Issues Presentation.
Prepare a 10- to 12-slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation with detailed speaker notes that includes the following information:
An analysis of the effectiveness of current procedures that are in place for the issue or situation you have selected. You should:
- Analyze how the evolution of health care has affected the financial decision-making process in your selected issue or situation
- Analyze how the evolution of health care has affected the financial decision-making process in general
- Analyze how the financial decision-making process has affected your chosen issue or situation
- Analyze the effect the policy and regulatory environment has had on the financial decision-making process of your chosen issue or situation
- Analyze the effect the policy and regulatory environment has had on the financial decision-making process in the health care industry in general In your presentation, base your analysis on evolutional perspectives on health care economics and economic theories while completing the following:
- Examine who is involved in financial decision-making.
- Analyze what are the steps in the financial decision-making process.
- Examine what some of the specific outcomes that resulted from changes to the finan
cial decision-making process.
- Analyze what some of the specific outcomes that resulted from changes in the regulatory environment.
- Analyze how your issue or situation has been affected by the changes. In your presentation, recommend improvement strategies based on economic theories on the financial-decision making process and economic concepts. Include the following:
- Differentiate key players involved in the issue or situation.
- Differentiate microeconomic and macroeconomic perspectives and utilization.
- Examine tools that support best practices.
- Distinguish how benchmarking has been and can be used in financial-decision making processes and economic concepts.
- Differentiate economic incentives and competition.
- Distinguish global implications in financial decision-making processes and economic concepts. Cite a minimum of four sources. Format your sources consistent with APA guidelines
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.