HCR 210 Week 5 Individual Assignment Record Organization
Review the answers given to the following questions from your Record
Management Systems Interviews assignment:
- Are records in your facility paper, electronic, or both?
- If paper records:
- Are the records centralized or decentralized?
- What determines if new information is allowed to remain loose or
must be permanently anchored in the record?
- How many different locations are there in your department that
patient files may be found? (For example, are there some temporary
holding areas in addition to a permanent area?)
- Is there a need to chart the circulation of files from one location to
another, so that your staff knows where files are kept?
- If electronic records:
- What EMR/EHR software is being used?
- Where is new information kept until someone enter the information
into the EMR/EHR?
Write a 260- to 350-word paper about conclusions you can draw about
similarities and differences in the organization and handling of patient
files within small, medium, and large facilities.
Cite 2 peer-reviewed, scholarly, or similar references to support your
Format your references according to APA guidelines.
Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.